Shipyard Plantation is known as being both a residential as well as a resort community, and offers a full spectrum of amenities. Shipyard, although situated near the beach, does not actually have any ocean front homes or villas - The Crowne Plaza Resort is the only property situated on the beach in Shipyard.
Shipyard consists of the following:
- Approximately 800 acres and over 2,000 homes and villas, consisting of single family homes as well as villa residences and rental properties. A variety of restaurants at the Golf Club, Beach Club, and Hotel & Convention Center.
- Shipyard Beach Club: Offers guests and residents access to the lovely, white beaches of Forest Beach - touted by some as being “the best stretch of beach on Hilton Head.”
- Crowne Plaza Resort (one of the “big four” hotels on the island): Offers guests and residents access to fine dining and/or casual fare, nightclubs, meeting rooms, shops, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and an on-site health club - located on the beach in Shipyard.
- Dining: A variety of restaurants at the Golf Club, Beach Club, Hotel and Convention Center.
- Boutiques and shops in Hotel and Clubs
- Pools in all visitor areas (villas) as well as most private homes.
- Over 4 miles of bike paths
- Van Der Meer Shipyard Racquet Club: One of Tennis Magazine’s “5- Greatest US Tennis Resorts.” Features 23 Championship courts nestled among magnificent oaks and beautifully landscaped grounds. Also has covered courts in the Shipyard Racquet Club. Special programs and clinics have been designed to provide for thorough, comprehensive learning; they also allow plenty of time for shopping, going to the beach or any of the other Island activities.
- Three (3) Nine-Hole Golf Courses: Clipper, Galleon and Brigantine (you pick the two you wish to ply to make 18)
- Winding trails for walking, biking, rollerblading, jogging, etc.
- Association Fee: Improved or Unimproved: $550/year