Shelter Cove is located across the Highway from Palmetto Dunes - on the sunset side of the Island. Since Greenwood Development still owns Shelter Cove and developed much of Palmetto Dunes, Shelter Cove remains part of PD. Shelter Cove is one of the best places to catch the fabulous island sunsets on the Island.
- Hosts 230-acre Shelter Cove Marina Community Center, which includes a 15.5 acre deep water Harbor - the largest deep water public marina on the Island.
- A wide array of harbour-front restaurants, shops and nightly entertainment.
- During the summer, weekly fireworks shows.
- Disney Resort on premises.
- The Mall at shelter Cove: Located near the Shelter Cove premises, this is the only indoor shopping mall on the Island.
- Association Fee: Improved: $595.00/year