Palmetto Dunes is located near the middle Island on the Atlantic Ocean side, offering a combination of oceanfront and golf oriented homes and villas. “PD,” as it is known to the locals, is also the home of two of the “big four” resorts, the Marriot and the Hilton.
The amenities in Palmetto Dunes are as follows:
- Approximately 1,800 oceanfront acres and over 5,000 single-family homes and villas.
- Three (3) miles of white, wide, sandy Atlantic Ocean beach for walking, running, swimming, fishing, windsurfing, sailing, canoeing, or parasailing! Facilities such as The Dunes House are available for rent for weddings, receptions, private parties, etc.
- Hyatt Regency Hilton Head Resort: Oceanfront accommodations with restaurants, shopping, pools, entertainment, and conference facilities.
- Hilton Hotel: Oceanfront accommodations with restaurants, shopping, pools, gym, conference facilities.
- Three (3) Golf Courses: Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, George Fazio Golf Course, and Arthur Hills Golf Course.
- 25-court Rod Laver Tennis Center, featuring Har-Tru, Laykold, super grass and lighted courts.
- Miles and miles of bike paths. Bike rentals available.
- An 11-mile long network of connected lagoons meandering through the resort for canoeing and fishing. Canoe rentals and charters available.
- Pools in most visitor areas (villas), hotels, as well as in many private homes.
- Dining: Variety of restaurants in hotels
- Unique mingling of “Residential” and “Resort” - separated by security gates.
- Three 24-hour/day staffed Security Gates.
- Association Fee: Improved or Unimproved: $800.00/year