Long Cove Club
Long Cove, like its neighbor, Wexford, is also a very exclusive private community and although “plantation” doesn’t appear in the title, Long Cove is thought of as a plantation. Long Cove caters to the needs of those desiring Championship golf and tennis - the private golf course in Long Cove is ranked in the top 100 in the country! This “Plantation” offers property owners a unique, classy and private residential enclave in the heart of Hilton Head island:
- Covers approximately 600 acres of land, encompassing over 600 spectacular single-family homes. A strict Architectural Review Board maintains the quality of appearance and construction of homes.
- Located on Broad Creek, Long Cove offers lovely water vistas from several homes in the Plantation and deep water access.
- Large and attractive lagoons incorporated into lovely landscape
- Boat docks and a small private marina on Broad Creek are accessible to property owners free of charge. Floating docks can be accommodated up to 100 boats.
- Boating and fishing on Broad Creek and in some lagoons. Over 60 acres available for fishing.
- Five (5) acres of farm plots for the owners to cultivate as they wish.
- Beautifully designed and appointed clubhouse (overlooking the golf course) serves as a focal point of activity. The Long Cove Country Club is host to many recreational activities including dining, tennis and swimming. Its antebellum-style clubhouse includes a tastefully-designed dining room, lounge, pro shop, locker rooms, terraces and porches.
- Long Cove Golf Club offers an 18-hole private Golf Course, designed by Pete Dye and has been named one of the “Top One Hundred” Golf Courses in America for overall design and excellence by Golf Digest!
- Swimming at the Clubhouse pool as well as private pools
- Tennis available at the racquet club (Clay courts).
- Membership in the Long Cove Club Association is available only through property ownership, and rights are transferred only through the transfer of property title.
- Property in the Plantation was sold out in 1987 and the common properties, including all of the amenities, were deeded to the Association.
- Entrance gates are staffed 24 hours/day. A highly professional security force constantly monitors the activities within the Plantation. An optional computerized system that connects home to guard gate for round-the-clock protection is also available.
- Association Fee: Improved or Unimproved: $5,900.00/year, plus a $2,900 assessment in 2001. This includes the fee to join Long Cove Country Club.