Hilton Head Plantation
Hilton Head Plantation is located between Port Royal Sound and the Intracoastal Waterway, boasting full-scale amenities that attract young families as well as those considering retirement. Hilton Head Plantation is the largest residential community on Hilton Head and offers the following to its residents:
- Encompasses almost 4,000 acres.
- Country Club of Hilton Head: Conference facilities, restaurants, outdoor full-size swimming pool, indoor pool, children’s pool, Health Club, and tennis courts.
- Four (4) Golf Courses: Bear Creek Golf Club, Country Club of Hilton Head, Dolphin Head Golf Club, and Oyster Reef Golf Club
- About a mile of lovely, snow-white beaches on the Port Royal Sound protected by a revetment wall.
- Spring Lake Recreation Center: Offers activities and facilities for the whole family including swimming pools and tennis courts. Also hosts summer camps for kids.
- 12 tennis courts.
- Two (2) nature conservancies: Whooping Crane and Cypress
- Fishing access at the lagoons, creeks, sound, and the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Over 6 miles of trails for biking, walking, jogging, etc.
- Seabrook Farms: Gardening facility.
- Skull Creek Marina: 250-slip full-scale Marina located directly on the Intracoastal Waterway. Fishing and sailing facilities are available for rent or for Charter.
- Dining: Several excellent restaurants on Skull Creek and at the Country Club of Hilton Head.
- Cypress Retirement Community: Award-winning private retirement community.
- Ribaut Island: Named after the French explorer Jean Ribaut, this secluded subdivision of sixty home sites is the newest “neighborhood” in Hilton Head Plantation. Most of the lots - ranging in size from .4 acre to 1.9 acres - either face the Atlantic Ocean or overlook tidal marshes. A bridge leads from the Plantation’s “mainland” to the community, which hosts its own private recreation center with a pavilion, tennis courts and a swimming pool. Private docks are available for residents.
- Main Street: Located just outside the main security gate, this is one of the largest commercial areas on the Island. Abundant shops, offices, businesses, restaurants as well as a family recreation center, movie theater and bowling alley are all conveniently located in this little “subdivision.” Many special interest groups meet here for events and activities. The Schools, Post Office and Hospital are all located on or near Main street.
- Association Fee: Improved: $799.00/year; Unimproved: $479.00/year